Thursday, June 3, 2010

Mountain Quilter's Quilt Show 2010

MOUNTAIN QUILTERS QUILT SHOW 2010


Martin Wright our President


Winning quilt made by Glenda



Made by Ann

We had a fantastic quilt show this year. I think this one topped them all.
Record numbers passed through the door. I am not sure if they came for the show or the food. We have a very good reputation for the food. Good old fashion home cooking.People came by the bus load.

We had 12 trader attend and they appeared to be doing good business with the quilters.



Browyn and her husband from Cotton Lane in Mooloolah Valley.



Suzi from Suzi Blue Buttons



Margot's winning quilt.

Vera's 2nd place.

The clubs Quilt challenge where we were given 2 pieces of gold fabric and were asked to design a quilt with them. We have been doing this for 4 years and each year the work gets better and better. This year the work was outstanding. Margot won the challenge with Vera 2nd.


A Japanese corner set up by Lyn.


This is our bag and cushion give away. Discharged Dying cushion made by Alwyn.
Sue incharge of this table.



Part of the stage setup. Rhonda did a magnificent job.


Bernadine Hine's work.




These are some of a recycled quilts from the challenge the club ran last year.


Quilts from the display.



7 comments:

Neroli Henderson said...

That bird quilt by Bernadine Hine is amazing Del! Hope you're feeling much better, must catch up and see how you're doing soon.

Shirley said...

Hi Del., I am glad you are back and feeling better.

It sounds as if you had a great time with the grand babies.

I was impressed with the wonderful
quilts -- I wish I could go 'down under" (grin) and
have a cup of tea with you and meet your friends--

You already know how impressed I am with your work. Isn't the computer great? Shirley in Canada

Anonymous said...

Hi Delia :)
The Quilt Show looks like a huge success... beautiful quilts!!
Hope your recovery is going well... my recovery is... this is Day 3 off the crutches... Finally!!!
Oh... and we'll be moving to England in a few months. I'm going to miss our weather here!

Carol said...

Glad to see you were able to be there, Del. Looks like a show not worth missing!Very impressive.

quiltinbysea said...

Thanks for sharing the pics Del, wonderful quilts.
Glad to hear you are on the mend.

Annette said...

Hiya Del, love the photos of all the works, wow... so many talented people down there.. glad to hear you are recovering.
hugs Annette

Delia (Del) said...

Thank you girls I wish you all could have been here.
Neroli the bird is wonderful. I am lucky Bernadine is a friend and taught me how to do a bird the other month.
Barb I hope you leg gets better fast
Shirley you would love my friends.
Carol and Annette one day you may be down her for our show.
Andrea you may be able to come next time.

HELLO I have not posted for a very long time. I could not get into my blog but after an hour finely worked it out. My what have I b...