Monday, January 11, 2010

Flowers in the Sunshine

Smileycons!I have decided to post in a series of postings my class Flowers in the Sunshine.
If you would like to do this project come back each week for the next class.
I would appreciate it if you let me know in the comments who would be interested in making this little project.
It will run over 4 weeks starting next week. Flowers in the Sunshine Class
Requirements
Please read all lessons before you start to work.
A4 (11.5” x 8.5”) size piece of felt (don’t get a really fluffy one)
Black net 1” larger then felt
Vlisoflex (paper backed fusible web) or heat and bond 1” large then felt
Binding and backing fabric
Angelina in colour of your choice
Fabric Paint I use Jo Sonia but any will work
Silk flowers and leaves of your choice pull these apart taking all stamens and plastic off back of the silk flower and leaves. You may pick any type of flower you want but don’t make them too big or bulky.
Motif of something like butterfly if you like to use
Beads of your colour choice to finish
Metallic Machine Embroidery thread I like to use hologram as it is flat and not round and does not break as easily.
Metallic or Embroidery needle. They have bigger eyes.
I usually sew straight onto the felt but if your machine will not sew on this use a tearaway, vilene, or shapewell. I use shapewell.
Sewing machine in good order and able to drop the feed dogs.
Usual sewing needs and cutting mat and cutter.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Delia, I would love to do this project but we are off to Sumatra for our son's wedding next Wednesday. Can I catch up after we are back on 6th Feb? I will get all the requirements this week
Gorgeous photos of your grandchildren. Happy New year,
Prue

Delia (Del) said...

Hi Prue

You can do it at any time as I will be leaving it up on the blog.

Thank you for your kind words. The children are great but then I am the grandmother.lol

Sumatra WOW have a great time at the wedding.

Love Delia

Faye said...

Hi Delia, I'd like to follow your lessons in this project. Love the look of your Journal Quilt
"Flowers in Sunshine". Thanks for sharing...
Grandchildren are great and, yes, you have to remember WHO the Grandmother is... LOL!!!
cheers - FDS

Carol said...

Will follow your lessons with interest but mustn't get distracted from a project I'm working on at the moment.

Delia (Del) said...

Hi Faye and Carol
I am glad you are liking the project. It is fun to do and you will leave a few different way.
Now Carol what are you working on today?
Delia

Anonymous said...

Looks interesting Delia so I would like to do this.
Workshops and tutorials are the best way to learn anythig. Thanks so muc for the offer.
Margaret P.

Delia (Del) said...

You are very welcome Margaret.
Delia

HELLO I have not posted for a very long time. I could not get into my blog but after an hour finely worked it out. My what have I b...