Saturday, January 12, 2008

This Week


Well seems things are hotting up again for another busy year with many group days already planned. I have made spreadsheet up for our little Bear and Doll (STITCH and BITCHES) so we know what we are doing for the year. I also have the spreadsheet set out for Mountain Quilters with a lot of the events already earmarked. Mountain Quilters are having our bi annual quilt show in May so the club will be busy. The charity quilt is all but finished with just the bindings to go on. We start our quilting days back next Wednesday. I have some of the girls making up the little broaches. We give one to each person attending the show.


Last Thursday a few scquilters met at Absolutly Patchwork Maroochydore for a get together. It was a shame with the bad weather only a few turned up.


The next one planned for February is going to be at Sue Daley's Kindred Spirits B&B at Eumundi. I am hoping a lot more will turn up. We are planning on a High Tea and I can vouch for the wonderful food and day we will have with Sue.


I have been working on my Japanese quilt. I managed to get the hairpieces crochet, beaded and put onto each block (25) this week and started quilting the blocks. I am quilting as you go as I can't manage a large quilt in my machine with the arthrites in my hands and shoulders now.


I have my ATC and Journal quilt material set out ready to start. I like to put the materials and a few odds and ends out where I can look at them for a few days and find all of a sudden the inspiration will come to me as to what I should do with it.


Yesterday was our grand daughters 1st birthday. Being so far away I was heart broken not to be there with them but with the computers and cams of today I was about to see her blow out the candle as it happened. Or maybe I should have said try and pull out the candle. Today I received by email beautiful pictures of her. She had her first hair cut last week and no longer a baby now a little girl. I was quite surprised the difference it made.

Her is a picture of her on her 1st Birthday.

No comments:

HELLO I have not posted for a very long time. I could not get into my blog but after an hour finely worked it out. My what have I b...